Have you thought about what degree of damage the water from a flooding can cause? Yes, it can cause mildew and mold to appear on surfaces, carpets and furniture. Hypersensitive reactions and respiratory system problems will occur because of the mildew. So that you can avoid black mold, clean up your home within the first 48 hrs. To find out more about repairing water damage and mold, look at following instructions cautiously.
• Take away unimportant items such as books or magazines that could result in fungus and to avoid moldy odours. Copy any essential documents or items and remove them if they're thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to eliminate water from the carpets and rugs. Steam-clean with the equipment’s recommended shampoo or conditioner. Extract the water again. You can rent these machines from cleaning services and equipment stores. Put the carpet outside for them to be dried under the sun.
• To extract water from the air and stop lingering water from entering the walls, place a dehumidifier in your house.
• Do not open the windows, this could allow fungal spores into your house. To circulate air, place fans at your house.
• Remove and change damaged ceiling tiles.
• To remove any small puddles of water, use a clean cloth to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity. If there are any signs of buckling, replace the drywall.
• Use humidifier and fans at any wet wood surfaces to lessen damage. A light detergent such as dish soap should be used to clean treated or finished wood. Take away wet wall paneling from walls and allow it to dry separately.
These are some of the tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging task, it may also require a help from an expert to be fully confident about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call New Way Restoration in Parkersburg, WV to get help from an expert and be informed about water damage restoration. They are one of the most reliable water damage experts in Parkersburg, WV.