Have you thought about what extent of harm the water from a flood can cause? Yes, it can cause mold to show up on wall surfaces, floor covering and furnishings. Allergies and asthmatic problems will occur due to mildew and mold. For you to avoid mildew, clean the house in the first 48 hrs. To find out more about restoring water damage and mold, read the following instructions carefully.
• Take away unimportant items such as books or periodicals which will result in fungus and to prevent moldy scents. Duplicate any essential files or items and remove them if they are thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to take out water from the carpets and rugs. Steam-clean with the equipment’s suggested shampoo or conditioner. Extract the water again. You can rent these machines from cleaning services and hardware stores. Put the carpet outside for them to be dried in the sun.
• To extract water from the air and stop residual moisture from going into the walls, position a home dehumidifier in your house.
• Do not open the windows, it could allow fungal spores into your residence. To circulate air, place fans around the house.
• Remove and replace damaged ceiling tiles.
• To remove any small puddles of water, use a clean rag to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity. If there are any signs of buckling, replace the drywall.
• Use humidifier and fans at any wet wood surfaces to lessen damage. A light detergent such as dish soap should be used to clean treated or finished wood. Take away wet wall paneling from walls and allow it to dry separately.
These are some of the tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging task, it may also require a help from an expert to be fully confident about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call New Way Restoration in Parkersburg, WV to get help from an expert and be informed about water damage restoration. They are one of the most reliable water damage experts in Parkersburg, WV.